How do I become a member?
When is a good time to stop by?
Some good times to stop by are:
- Mon/Wed are open project nights from 7-10PM (and you’re encouraged to bring one, or participate with others)
Why would I want to be a member?
- Awesome PEOPLE! (From engineers, to software designers, to machinists)
- Check out http://nesit.org/members/ to get a virtual idea.
- 24/7 Unrestricted access to NESIT.
- Bring up-to two guests with you any time
- Workshops and classes are free for members
- A dedicated secure place to keep your projects
- 35gb of cloud storage
- A virtual machine on our server farm
- Space to host your own domain
- A @nesit.org email address and wordpress blog account
- Your own locker or shelf space
- Voting rights (You get a say in the direction of the organization)
- A place to use your powers for good - Involvement in public service
- Computer basic training
- Computer refurbishing programs
- Computer clinics
- Basic electronic classes
- Embedded design and programming
What kinds of things does NESIT have?
- Awesome PEOPLE! (worth mentioning twice, our members are truely the greatest asset at NESIT)
- Welding station
- Dedicated electronics bench
- Various metal and wood working tools including: drillpresses, saws, grinders, CNC, and lathes
- 3-D printers – Makerbot Replicator 2 & RepRap
- Public computers
- Sturdy work benches to host and work on almost any project
- Business class internet connection
- Enterprise grade gigabit network driven by cisco switches and routers
- Multiple Soldering stations
- Access to our extensive library of books
- Ham station (license required for unsupervised use)
- High end routers, switches, firewalls, and servers
- Access to member research projects and workshops
- Infosec security research
- Advanced electronic prototypes and projects
Where is the application for membership?
After you receive our information packet we’ll have you complete this member application
How much is membership?
Our full membership rate is $50/mo
For students and prospective members dealing with financial hardship we have reduced rates available which we approach on a personal and case by case basis. For more information please email [email protected] for additional information.
NESIT has no other external funding, so membership dues provide the money necessary to pay for our rent, heating, electricity, Internet, and Insurance. All of our board members and officers are compensated by the satisfaction they receive building NESIT, and helping others. (We work for free). And like all members, our board and officers also pay dues.