How do I become a member?
When is a good time to stop by?
Some good times to stop by are:
- Wed/Thurs are open project nights from 7-10PM (and you’re encouraged to bring one, or participate with others)
- The Last saturday of the month we run an open house from 10AM to 5PM
Why would I want to be a member?
- Awesome PEOPLE! (From engineers, to software designers, to machinists, our members are awesome)
- Check out http://nesit.org/members/ to get a virtual idea.
- 24/7 Unrestricted access to NESIT.
- Bring up-to two guests with you any time
- Workshops and classes are free for members
- A dedicated secure place to keep your projects
- A @nesit.org email address and wordpress blog account
- Voting rights (You get a say in the direction of the organization)
- A place to use your powers for good - Involvement in public service
- Computer refurbishing programs
- Basic electronic classes
- Computer basic training
- Malware extermination
- Computer clinics
What kinds of things does NESIT have?
- Awesome PEOPLE! (worth mentioning twice, our members are truely the greatest asset at NESIT)
- Check out http://nesit.org/members/ to get a virtual idea
- Welding station
- Dedicated electronics bench
- Various metal and wood working tools including: bench mounted drills, saws, and grinders
- Sturdy work benches to host and work on almost any project
- Business class internet connection
- Enterprise grade gigabit network driven by cisco switches and routers
- Multiple Soldering stations
- Access to our extensive library of books
- Ham station (license required for unsupervised use)
- High end routers, switches, firewalls, and servers
- Access to member research projects and workshops
- Infosec security research
- Advanced electronic prototypes and projects
Where is the application for membership?
After you receive our information packet we’ll have you complete this member application
How much is membership?
Our full membership rate is 50/mo
For students and prospective members dealing with financial hardship we have reduced rates available which we approach on a personal and case by case basis. For more information please email [email protected] for additional information.
NESIT has no other external funding, so membership dues provide the money necessary to pay for our rent, heating, electricity, Internet, and Insurance. All of our board members and officers are compensated by the satisfaction they receive building NESIT, and helping others. (We work for free). And like all members, our board and officers also pay dues.